About 2000 years ago, the apostles of Christ warned of the days we are living in today with these words:
· “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;…in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;”
There is no doubt we are living in such days as these. Although mainstream society is clearly described by the words of these apostles; you don’t have to follow the crowd in rebellion to God. There is an alternative lifestyle.
You do not have to live believing you evolved through random processes from lower life forms; instead, you can learn of your loving and wise Creator. You do not have to live with society’s shallow and destructive views of sexuality, ethics, and gender roles; rather, you can fulfill the purpose for which you were lovingly designed. Seducing spirits are lying to you through books, media, and atheistic professors, telling you there is no God or judgment day to come; but you do not have to follow them. False religious instructors have deceitfully presented an emotional, warm, fuzzy view of God without His justice, righteousness, holy love, and hatred of sin; but you can know the true God. God is loving and gracious when we are humble and obedient. God loves righteousness and hates lawlessness. If you follow the mainstream, you are being robbed of a beautiful alternative life-style — Life God’s Way.
My wife and I were raised in today’s ungodly environment; but through seeking God and obeying His Word, we discovered a much better path. Thank God, we followed His way while still young! We experienced pure courtship, and had our first kiss at our wedding. We were both virgins on our wedding day. We have enjoyed 33 years of marriage - God’s way. We are now reaping the joys of faithful marriage and home life with our twelve children. We are “one big happy family” to say the least. We face life’s challenges together with God’s grace and guidance. Was it all easy? Doing right is seldom easy, but it pays well — now, and at judgment day.
We discovered and embraced God’s beautiful order and design concerning manhood, womanhood, fatherhood, and motherhood. We have found that God’s wise design for husband, wife, and children bring peace, joy, fulfillment, and blessing. God created you for a specific role; and submitting to God’s design is the only path to fulfillment. You cannot experience God’s blessings unless you renounce man’s ways, and carefully follow God’s ways. Jesus must be Lord in every area of your life, or you are sure to fall short. God’s results can only come by using God’s methods.
·“Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it…” Ps 127:1
· “He that cometh to God, must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him” Heb. 11:6
We discovered part of God’s design for His people is for them to live in “Christian Community”. We have a Biblical church family where true “fraternity” is founded on God’s Word and Way. A true Biblical church is a “Christian Family”: disciples mutually accountable to be faithful in holy living. I am not speaking of the fashion show and entertainment “Church” houses that are so prevalent. I am speaking of a community of disciples living in harmony with the Spirit of God.
I would not trade my lifestyle for anyone’s. What provoked us to seek this way? Let me explain: As young adults, we both began to believe there was a better way than what we were being pressured to follow. We chose to go against the flow and take the unpopular way — God’s way. God is not far from any of us, and desires that we feel after Him, and find Him. Listen to Acts 17:24-28,
· “God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth…giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being…”
Because of the amazing and overwhelming evidence all around us, we could see that an intelligent, wise, and loving God created the heavens, the earth, and us with a specific plan in mind. We could see what the Bible said about man sinning and rebelling against God’s original plan for them — this was very evident as well.
God intended for man to live a morally pure, honest, disciplined, and trouble free life within the bounds of God’s loving and wise laws. Mankind’s fall brought the race under a curse and the condemnation of God’s Law. However, God graciously postponed the execution of His Law to give man a chance for repentance and reconciliation. In order to provide a way for man to be saved from eternal destruction; God chose to be born as a man, live a perfect life, and sacrifice that pure life to pay the penalty on man’s sin. All the little lambs sacrificed as sin offerings by the Israelites were to teach this principle, and foreshadow the sacrifice of Jesus, the Messiah.
By this sacrifice, God could offer pardon and reconciliation to repentant people without compromising His Law and justice. Your Creator has a process and program whereby you can overcome sinful habits, reconcile with Him, learn His ways, and rediscover a wonderful lifestyle in God’s original design for mankind. Jesus Christ is the administrator of this reconciliation process between God and man. The Lord Jesus acts as our High Priest cleansing our sins, and interceding for us as we strive to obey and overcome old habits during this reconciliation and rehabilitation process. His Spirit is continually speaking to you through your conscience, calling you to reconcile with God, and stop breaking His holy laws. This is very gracious of our Creator. We dare not spurn His love and trample over His grace.
Seeing God’s incredible love and sacrifice for us, we chose to reciprocate that love, to repent of our finite way, and to live in God’s wisdom and love. There will be a judgment day where God will hold all men accountable for what they did with what they knew. He is the rightful governor of this world; and He, in order to be just, must execute the penalty of the law on rebels who reject His offer of grace. He will judge fairly according to light and privilege without any respect of persons. Those who knew better will receive much greater punishment than those who didn’t know. God knows every time you violate your conscience.
We discovered the beauty and rightness of God’s Way; and began to live it to the fullest of our understanding — growing as we learned more. This is where we are, and we would not trade it for the world. It is the best way to live today, and it is the only way to gain acceptance into God’s eternal kingdom in the next life.
Do not despair if you have already thrown your purity and youth away through sin. You can start where you are and allow God to put the broken pieces together again for a beautiful ending. God is willing to forgive and rebuild, if only you give Him a willing and teachable heart. Forsake the immodest, immoral, and loose living around you, and humbly seek the path of righteous obedience to God.
· “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13
Man’s rebellion in rejecting the knowledge of God, His moral laws, His design for marriage and family, and His order in the church, is a dead-end path of reaping the sad harvest of bad seeds sown. Go ahead, laugh at God’s way, and live for pleasure while you are young; but after sowing all those seeds in your youth, you will begin to reap a grievous harvest until you meet God’s angry countenance at the judgment bar. Ecclesiastes 11:9 says it this way,
· “Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment.”
· “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” Gal. 6:7-9
All men must reckon with the inescapable law of sowing and reaping. If you sow rebellion to God, you will reap judgment from God. If you sow obedience to God, you will reap blessings from God. God has given you the power of choice; but He expects you to choose righteousness, not rebellion. He will certainly hold you accountable for the choices you make.
· Pr 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
·“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;” Romans 1:18
Since Jesus is the one who suffered to provide pardon for us, He is the one ordained of God to be our Savior, Lord, Priest, and someday our Judge. God says, “This is my beloved Son, hear Him”. Jesus Christ is the one you must please to be saved from damnation.
· Jesus said, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” John 10:10
· “If we say that we have fellowship with [God], and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” I John 1:6,7
You can do it! You can live a repentant, godly life; and reap the blessings after you have faithfully sowed seeds of obedience. God will forgive and cleanse all who humbly repent.
· “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon” Isa. 55:7
We are here to help those who are sincerely seeking God’s way. Be warned, there are many counterfeit churches out there. You have an evil enemy in the spirit world called Satan. He has many traps and snares to keep men from the truth. Only those who love God’s righteous ways, and listen carefully to His Word, will escape these snares. God has allowed these snares to weed out the careless and proud. He is looking for a special people who love righteousness.
“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.” Tit 2:11-14